Thinking of buying a home? Here are some questions you’ll need to be prepared to answer and if you’re not sure, no worries! We’re here to help you talk it out. Set up a FREE consultation with one of our team member’s TODAY!
- Why are you considering moving?
- How soon do you need/want to move?
- Will anyone else be helping you make the buying decision?
- Do you rent or own your current home? Have you Purchased a home before?
- Own: Do you need to sell before you can buy? If the perfect house came along before yours sold, how long could you swing both payments? How much do you owe on your current home and what are your expectations for net proceeds from the sale?
- Renting: When does your Lease expire? Does it renew automatically and if so when must you give notice? Is there a Buyout Clause?
- What is your current mortgage/rent amount and approximately how much do you spend on utilities, Association fee’s, storage, etc.
- How many are in your household? What is the minimum number of bedrooms and bathrooms that will meet your needs? Square footage?
- Do you have a particular style of home in mind? One level living or two?
- What location(s) are you most interested in and why?
- Are school districts important to you?
- What other household features are “must haves”?….Outdoors space, Open Concept, Formal Dining Room, Fenced Yard, Garage, First Floor Master, Storage, Master Bath Onsuite, etc.
- What features would be nice, but not necessary?….Guest half bath, hardwood floors, Master separate from other bedrooms, pantry, stainless steel appliances, 2nd floor laundry, community pool, etc.
- Are you seeking a turn-key, ready to move in property or are you willing to do a little work and if so, how much?
- If we find the right property, are you prepared to make a decision now?
- What is your price range do you feel most comfortable with?
- Have you established a monthly budget?
- Are you prepared to make a down payment (if necessary) and are you prepared for Home Inspection, Appraisal, and Closing Costs fee’s?
- How many bedrooms do you need? Square feet? Units?
- What days and times are best for you to view properties?
- How do you like to communicate—by phone, text, or e-mail?
- What qualities and characteristics are most important to you in selecting your Real Estate Agent?
Lee Gosselin, Co-Founder, Owner & Associate Broker
The Lee Gosselin Real Estate Team
Home with The WILSON Group
Serving Central & Coastal Virginia
Hampton Roads: 757-726-7211
Central Virginia: 804-467-7473 (mobile)
Hampton Roads Office
505 S. Independence Blvd, Ste 208-A
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23452
Central Virginia Office
1805 Monument Ave, Suite 314
Richmond, Virginia 23220